Friday, July 07, 2006

Google gets defined!

Not to long ago, I posted about BrandVerbs including google, and as of of yesterday Googles been officially defined as a verb and added into the 11th edition of the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary. I'd expect Google and other such brand names to be defined in dictionaries such as Wikipedia, but for Websters official dictionary came to me at a bit of a surprise. Imagine if yahoo, webcrawler, or alta vista got defined. I would'nt be saying "I'll Google it", it would be "I'll alta vista that", hehe. Anyhow, I'm surprised they didn't define google as: the digital brain.. as well, it's seriously half my brain these digital days, and my quick spell checker (ya type in a word your not sure is spelled correctly, and google suggest a spell change..beats typing in dictionary.com, though you can use their tool bar as well)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home